Monday, June 4, 2012

Deadline

April 1st, 2014.

That is my official deadline and I now have 22 months to see if I can achieve life goals by moving to Terre Haute, IN. It is then that I will have to make a choice about what happens next.

Last month, we got a new landlord and all four of us in the building signed new leases. Jumping at the chance to lock in my super cheap (even for Terre Haute rent), I opted for a two-year lease and on May 1st 2014, I am moving out of my apartment.

I know that I can renew my lease and (possibly) live there forever, but at some point I need to grow up and make my dreams come true. I am not afraid to admit that I want to get married, buy a house and have kids...lots of kids. I'm not trying to be a Dugger, but I am Catholic, so one a half kids won't due. I wasn't having any luck before, so maybe I will now. 

22 months seems like a long time, but funny thing about that, it was 22 months ago that I went to South America and tried to end things with Ralph the first time and it seems like it was yesterday. And here I am realizing that although I may not completely get over him, I can move on and be happy. I just need to get my ass into gear and make my dreams come true. 

April 1st 2014.

When all is said and done, please God, don't let me look like a fool.


No comments:

Post a Comment