Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I will miss you, friend

I have been so busy living my life that I haven't made time to write much...or at all. It is a sad irony that a death had to make me stop and spend time expressing how I feel.

Sad. I feel sad. I lost a friend last night, since I have moved here, we only communicated over Facebook and the occasional email and even less frequently when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Someone should know I thought she was amazing. For me, she was always an example of compassion and I knew that she always had my back, even at the times when others she was close to were the ones attacking. I don't think that she will ever realize how the small things she did to reassure me really kept me going when I was burnt out at work and ready to throw in the towel. I will never forget our "girl's afternoons" when we, along with her two beautiful daughters would spoil our dinner with huge servings Margie's ice cream, and how she always seemed to know when I needed that.

Those beautiful girls, it seems so wrong. They should have their mother, but I can't help but think that even though she was taken away from them so young, everything they needed to learn from her, she taught them before 730p last night. Through her example, they will know how to persevere though life may challenge them, to have respect and compassion for others and to hold their ground in the face of adversity.

Though she may not have seemed that way all the time to everyone, my friend was an incredibly strong woman that loved so much and the world will truly be a different place now that she has left us.

I don't any more words, just tears. And prayers for her family. May God bless them on this and everyday and may he ease their pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment