Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Let Me Out! Let Me Out!


This is bad.

I knew this would happen, yet I didn’t see it coming. Now I am stuck here trying to figure out both how I got myself into this and how to get out of it.

I, Lainie Mac, am trapped.

This is no ordinary trap! This one is well crafted complete with compliments, check-ins (he wanted to make sure I made it home OK for the holiday) and Mr. Smiley and all of his cousins.

I am in a text trap.

They always start out saying something like “Hey pretty lady/ beautiful/sweetness,” (giddy every single time) and we communicate about our day, make jokes, flirt, make plans for our trip to New York City I called him on his bluff for that last one and asked him when we would leave to which I got an “umm, idk” and I responded “Tease.”

I didn’t hear from him until the next day.

Working against us are bad timing (I have been busy with work and a class I took in Indy last weekend and he has been sick) and the possibility that he may not be that into me. But I really want him to be…at least long enough to buy me dinner and to make out, of course.

Under the advisement of friends, I have been careful to keep the texting more flirty than friendly or I will get stuck where I have always been…the friend zone. That dreaded awful place where I spend most of my relationships with men and that is about to change.

Once I am free from this trap!

Don’t get me wrong, I am having great text. The most amazing text of my life even, I crack him up, he cracks me up. We are starting to understand each others humor and I don’t have to explain myself or check to make sure he wasn’t offended if I make a joke at his expense. I can tell he actually appreciates my inappropriate jokes. Last night, he was at he boat with a friend and I told him to win lots of money because mama needs a new pair of shoes and he told me he would win me some cash and I responded (maybe a little too quickly) “no ones…I left that life behind” and I got an “lmao” and I am sure he did have to regain his composure on the other end of the phone. He’s starting to call me on my crap like I have started to call him on his. We have a pretty good relationship.

You know, for two people that have never really talked.

Chaps needs to get a move on because the last guy I had a purely textual relationship with got kicked to the curb…after about six months.

33 years old in 25 days Lainie does not have that kind of time.

Also, I am ready to get to know Chaps for real. We barely had a conversation the night we met and the guy I have been texting sounds like a blast and seems confident enough not to be intimidated by personality (or maybe he is and that’s the problem). Either way, I need him to piss or get off the pot. (Wait. Am I the pot in this scenario? I am not trying to get pissed on.)

I am trying to stay even keel about all of this even though I keep thinking of every possible scenario why he isn’t texting me and how I am going to end up alone juxtaposed with planning our wedding and naming our children.

I know, I know, I am a mess.

The key is to successfully grab a hold of Crazy Girl Lainie and lock her away while Rational and Level-headed Lainie figures this all out.

Just one problem: I don’t know where to find Rational and Level-Headed Lainie.

She went on vacay and there is no cell service where she is.



No comments:

Post a Comment